Talent Match at Womenzone targets young women and girls who are furthest away from the job market including those who are outside the benefits, work or training system and facing severe barriers to gaining the skills they need to get into work.
Funded by the Big lottery Fund, the Leeds City Region Talent Match Project aims to engage with approximately 2,300 young people aged 18-24 who are long term unemployed and who require intensive support and coaching through a Key Worker approach in order to access a flexible and responsive pathway which will support them to get into, or closer to work.
We have a Keyworker based at our centre and they will be:
- Providing personalised support based on the needs of young women
- Helping young women to reach a positive destination – this could be education, employment or training
- Following the four Es: Engage, Encourage, Enable & Empower young women to maximize their potential, develop their skills and improve their performance
Activities and Support on Offer…
- Sessions around team building, confidence, job search and lots more
- Work experience
- Regular one to ones to support and encourage people to manage their own learning
We have weekly Talent Match Sessions will be decided soon. Any young person who joins Talent Match will receive a free gym membership at our gym.
Please contact Keyworker Humma Nizami, if you have any referrals or would like to attend an information session.
Keyworker Contact Details:
Name: Humma Nizami
Telephone: 01274 665270
Khadija attended regular Talent Match sessions and also used her free membership of the gym. She started the course in order to get support to start training to get a career in early years.
“Womenzone has supported me with starting a traineeship programme and also helping me find work experience in Nursery. The staff are very friendly and supportive and Womenzone”
Shabina started at Talent Match because she needed support in finding a job. Talent Match helped her with job searching.
“I enjoy visiting Womenzone as they supported me in finding a job. I attended the job search session and reviews with my advisor. By attending the sessions, I have gained confidence in my self. I am grateful to have received the help and support from Womenzone and would recommend others to use the service.”